Tuesday, July 27, 2010

DEMONS

"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them." C.S. Lewis

I’ve been thinking about this quote and believe that I tend to err on the side of not giving Satan and demons enough thought. In other words, I ignore an enemy that hates me, wants to destroy me, spends every moment devising new ways to fight me and is smarter than me. Not very wise on my part. And I do agree with Lewis that it would be an equal error to have an excessive interest in them, but in this post I’m just going to address the issues with ignoring their existence.

Scripture explains that Christians are in a constant battle with an unseen enemy. We must not only battle against our flesh and the world, but also against a very intentional, very persistent and very illusive foe. We are not only to know that demons exist, but we must be aware of their tactics and practices and be mindful of their presence and activity in this world. Demons are at work around us, in our own lives. One of the most lucrative tactics used by this unseen enemy is to cause Christians to ignore and even completely forget about the battle waging around them.

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

1.) Study what the bible says about Satan, demons and the ways we should battle them. Know your enemy. It is never wise to go into a fight without knowing what you’re up against. Learn how Jesus stood against Satan and do as he did.

2.) Be alert. Don’t let your guard down. Simply begin to practice an awareness of the spiritual world all around you. Use your spiritual eyes and ears just as often as you use your physical eyes and ears.

3.) Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Fight. Stand firm. Pray at all times. Open your eyes. You are in a battle. Use your offensive weapon, the sword of the Spirit which is the word of God. Replace lies you have believed with the Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment